This text has been automatically translated by Google. Switch to original.
Spacious, neat and solid classic / retro camper, with the special features 1) it runs on LPG, and 2) a fixed 2p bed in a kind of separate bedroom / box bed in the back.
Very suitable as a family camper with 4 sleeping places, but then including some parental privacy. But because of the fixed bed (with a new mattress!), It is also ideal for touring or hibernating in pairs. Thanks to roof racks, there are plenty of options for transporting roof boxes, kayaks, surfboards, etc!
Top of the range 1980s luxury, nostalgic woodwork and rattan, almost in original condition, but in the meantime also enhanced with solar panels, LCD TV, radio CD player with bluetooth and MP3, car kit, extra sockets (220V, 12V, USB), modern bicycle carrier, larger (normal and blind spot) mirrors, extra belts and roof carriers, Reliable, well maintained, in excellent technical condition, low mileage (190,000, of which only 50,000 on LPG). Bovag tested again in 2018, so it has been fully checked technically and in terms of interior. Cozy, neat, and with a very complete inventory (also for outdoors). The camper has a bathroom with toilet and a shower, but that shower is not used because of the vulnerability. There is a solar outdoor shower.
We find the benefits of this wonderful camper:
- IT DRIVES LPG (and of course also petrol). Environmentally friendly, and also drives wonderfully cheap. No diesel noise, no diesel fuel, and virtually no problems with urban environmental zones. LPG is cheap and easy to get in most European countries: there are also various special LPG tank apps, which can be linked to navigation.
- FIXED 2-PERSON BED with new mattress in a kind of SEPARATE BEDROOM! So if you are two, no hassle with converting the table every day. And if you are with children some 'parental privacy'. The seating area can also be converted into a 135 cm wide 2p DINETTE BED.
- CHILD-FRIENDLY: a dinette right behind the driver's area (playing or watching TV at your fingertips), with large low window and good view to both sides (so also less motion sickness). Two HIP BELTS are built in for the direction of travel bench, which can also be used for a child seat or maxicosi.
- REAR VIEW through a large rear window. As a driver you can simply look back through the 'bedroom' through a normal rear view mirror.
- SPACIOUS INSIDE, DIVIDED OUTSIDE. Due to its layout, the camper looks quite large on the inside, but because it has no alcove, it looks modest from the outside. So it catches little wind and drives smoothly. Lots of light through many large (tinted) windows, all with combi screens.
- Suitable for LONGER TRAVELS, BEFORE AND AFTER SEASON, or for more REMOTE AREAS, by a very good stove, solar panels, extra spotlights and floodlights, and two (both connected) large gas bottles. Fridge can be operated on 12V (while driving), 230V ('shore power'), and 'off the grid', possibly also on gas.
- ROOF CARRIERS on top of the camper, suitable for the transport of several roof boxes (included), kayaks or surfboards. The ladder seat at the rear has a custom bracket to which an outboard motor is transported.
CONSIDERATIONS for this motorhome:
- Older campers like this don't have the motor power of new campers. With this camper you can drive a cruising speed of 90 km / h (flat, the top is slightly higher), and that feels really hard enough in our experience. Hilly terrain is also fine, but for really high mountains this camper is not suitable for driving on petrol / LPG (petrol and especially LPG has less pulling power in the mountains than diesel). The Alps or Pyrenees as a destination is therefore not a good idea, but crossing these mountains to Italy or Spain is fine.
- Given its age and somewhat lower power / speed, this motorhome is not suitable for covering a large distance in a short period of time. In our own experience, 700 km per day is already very substantial, we do not think that is a good idea for this camper for days on end. So there has to be a bit of a balance between the duration of the application and the destination. We don't think it's a good idea to spend a week in Italy or a weekend in Denmark. That does not do justice to the camper, it is a bit of a relaxed camper!
EXTRA OPTIONS with this camper:
- linen service.
The camper is standard equipped with clean and fresh and flannel / mattress protectors and sheets. For an extra 50 Euro you can also rent fresh deck sheets (1x2p and 2x1p), pillows, covers and towels, which we then wash for you.
- renting a large dinghy with 6hp outboard engine.
This rubber boat (model zodiac, 290 long, suitable for 300 kg / 4 persons) is transported in a roof box on top of the camper, the outboard motor is transported on a bracket at the back of the camper. Including accessories such as pump, fuel tank, lock, life jackets, etc., cost 100 Euro per week.
- additional renting of a 2p kayak.
This is a 'Norwegian kayak' (a cross between a canoe and a kayak: a large open compartment with 2 sliding chairs), suitable for flat water, but NOT for whitewater or the sea. It can accommodate 2 adults plus possibly two small children (max 6 yrs). Including accessories such as paddles, watertight barrel, life jackets, etc, costs 50 Euro per week.
PLEASE NOTE: RENTAL PERIOD AND PRICES!
For this camper a different minimum rental period and daily price have been specified for different periods.
In the high season (May holiday + July / August), the camper can only be rented for a minimum of 1 week (May holiday) or 2 weeks (summer holiday).
In pre- and post-season (Sep to Oct, and April to June), the minimum rental period is set to 3 days / nights. It is true that there is a 'minimum rental amount' for which I accept a booking: 272 euros (or the amount of 4 days / nights). This is because there is quite a lot of work involved in the after-running, in familiarizing and testing the tenants, and after-running. Without this minimum, the rental price is no longer in proportion to the time I have to put in ... sorry!
In the low season (November to March) the minimum rental period is 3 weeks. This has to do with the fact that I may have to remove the camper from the garage and put it back in the road tax, while the rates are then minimal. However, in consultation with a longer rental (eg wintering) there is a lot possible with regard to the price !!
We are very happy with our camper. We therefore expect tenants to handle it carefully and normally, and only rent out if we have a good feeling with prospective tenants. Conversely, prospective tenants can always come and look at the camper prior to booking and possibly take a test drive.
# Rent this camper very cheaply for WINTER? Minimum 2 months to a 'dry' destination like Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal or Morocco, in the period November-February, for only 800 euros per month! Optionally, the camper can drive to your destination. Send a message for more information. #