This camper is rented out or in use from July 17 to September 19, 2021.
With a booking of at least 2 weeks before July 17, now 10% extra discount on top of the long-book discount. This is therefore still deducted from the price that you get in the picture. Send a message for more information and consultation.
Spacious, neat and solid classic / retro camper, with the special features 1) it runs on LPG, and 2) a fixed 2p bed in a kind of separate bedroom / box bed in the back.
Very suitable as a family camper with 4 sleeping places, but with some parental privacy. But the fixed bed (with new mattress!) also makes it ideal for touring or spending the winter together. With roof racks plenty of options for transporting roof boxes, kayaks, surfboards, etc!
Top of the range 80s luxury, nostalgic woodwork and rattan, almost in original condition, but in the meantime also brightened up with solar panels, LCD TV, radio CD player with bluetooth and MP3, car kit, extra sockets (220V, 12V, USB), modern bicycle carrier, larger (normal and blind spot) mirrors, extra belts, roof carriers, and recently a new awning. Reliable, well maintained, in excellent technical condition, low mileage (190,000, of which only 50,000 on LPG). Bovag inspected again in 2018, so completely checked technically and in terms of interior. Cozy, neat, and with a very complete inventory (also for outside). The camper has a bathroom with toilet and a shower, but the shower is not used due to its vulnerability. There is, however, a solar outdoor shower.
We find the advantages of this lovely motorhome:
- IT RUNS ON LPG (and of course also on petrol). Environmentally friendly, and also wonderfully cheap to drive. No diesel noise, no diesel stench, and virtually no problems with urban environmental zones. LPG is cheap and readily available in most European countries: there are also various special LPG refueling apps, which can be linked to navigation.
- FIXED DOUBLE BED with new mattress in a kind of SEPARATE BEDROOM! So if there are two of you, you don't have to worry about changing the table every day. And if you are with children, some 'parental privacy'. The seating area can also be converted into a 135 cm wide 2p DINETTE BED.
- CHILD FRIENDLY: a dinette right behind the driver's area (playing or watching TV within reach), with a large low window and good views to both sides (so less motion sickness). Two HIP BELTS are built in for the forward-facing bench seat, which can also be used for a child seat or maxi-cosi.
- REAR VIEW through a large window at the rear. As a driver, you can simply look back through the 'bedroom' through a normal rear-view mirror.
- SPACIOUS INSIDE, MODERN OUTSIDE. Due to its layout, the camper looks quite large on the inside, but because it has no alcove, it still looks modest from the outside. Catches little wind, and drives smoothly. Lots of light through many large (tinted) windows, all equipped with combi screens.
- Suitable for LONGER TRAVELS, for PRE AND AFTER SEASON, or for more REMOTE AREAS, due to a very good stove, solar panels, extra and floodlights, and two (both connected) large gas bottles. The refrigerator can run on 12V (while driving), 230V ('shore power'), and 'off the grid' can also be used on gas.
- ROOF BARS on top of the camper, suitable for the transport of several roof boxes (included), kayaks or surfboards. The ladder at the rear has a custom-made bracket on which an outboard motor can be transported.
CONSIDERATIONS with this motorhome:
- Older RVs like this don't have the engine power of new RVs. With this camper you can easily drive a cruising speed of 90 km/h (flat, the top is a bit higher), and that feels really hard enough in our experience.
- Given its age and the somewhat lower power/speed, this motorhome is not suitable for covering a large distance in a short period of time. In our own experience, 600 km per day is already very significant, we do not think that days in a row is a good idea for this camper. So there must be some balance between the duration of the application and the destination. We don't think a week to Italy or a weekend in Denmark is a good idea. That does not do justice to the camper, it is a bit of a relaxed camper!
- Hilly terrain is fine, but this camper is not suitable for really high mountains because of driving on petrol/LPG (petrol and certainly LPG has less pulling power in the mountains than diesel). The Alps, the Pyrenees, the Tatras, Norway or Scotland as a destination is therefore not a good idea. But crossing mountains by highway to Italy or Spain is fine.
EXTRA OPTIONS with this motorhome:
- linen service.
The camper is standard equipped with clean and fresh and moltons / mattress protectors and sheets. For an extra 25 Euro per person you can also rent fresh summer duvets (1x2p and 2x1p), pillows, covers and towels that we will wash for you afterwards.
- additional rental of a large dinghy with 6hp outboard motor.
This dinghy (zodiac model, 290 long, suitable for 300 kg / 4 people) is transported in a roof box on top of the motorhome, the outboard motor is transported in a bracket mounted on the rear stairs. Including accessories such as pump, petrol tank, lock, life jackets, etc, costs 100 Euro per week.
- additional rental of kayaks.
Available are 1) a 2p 'Norwegian kayak' (a cross between a canoe and a kayak: a large open compartment with 2 sliding chairs), which can accommodate 2 adults plus possibly two small children (max 6 yrs). Suitable for flat water such as rivers and lakes, but NOT for whitewater or sea. 2) a 1p combi kayak (also suitable for wilder streams), and 3) a 1p junior kayak suitable for children from 8 to 14 years. All including accessories such as paddles, watertight barrel, life jackets, etc, cost 25 Euro per person per week.
ATTENTION: RENTAL PERIOD AND PRICES!
A different minimum rental period has been specified for this motorhome for different periods. In the high season (May holiday + July/August) the camper can only be rented for a minimum of 1 week (May holiday) or 2 weeks (summer holiday). In the early and late season (September to Oct, and April to June) the minimum rental period is set at 6 days/nights.
In the low season (November to March) the minimum rental period is 3 weeks. That has to do with the fact that I may have to remove the camper from the garage and put it back in the road tax, while the rates are minimal. The long-book discount stated in the advertisement therefore does not apply during this period, so keep this in mind (I can't set it per season...). However, in the low season there is a lot possible with regard to the price with a really longer booking (min 2 months, e.g. wintering). Optionally, the camper can be driven to a destination for a fee. Send a message for more information and consultation.
We also have a strong but less nostalgic diesel camper that is suitable for mountains and cover greater distances in a short time. This one is also on Goboony. For both, we have put a lot of time and energy into making them to our liking, and we are quite careful with them. We therefore expect tenants to handle it carefully and normally, and only rent out if we have a good feeling with the prospective tenants. Conversely, prospective renters can of course always come and have a look at the motorhome prior to booking and possibly take a test drive.