This text has been automatically translated by Google. Switch to original.
Last summer we bought a van from a bankrupt construction company under the heading 'we do something crazy' and converted it into a cozy 'campervan' to travel with on weekends and holidays. Since it had a Kangaroo on the body, the name Skippy was quickly given for our Ford Transit. After a lot of time, thinking and research, we came -for us- in an ideal layout where light, cosiness and space take precedence. With every step of the conversion, we tried to make the most sustainable choice possible.
At the end of May 2020 it was completely ready and we already experienced some 'camping life' moments in our own court. Since June we have been doing some nice tripkes in the contours of our own country. Always bring your own 'house' (where your cold pint is ready 😉).
This summer (late July, early August) we plan to travel with Skippy for 3 weeks. But after that there are also many beautiful weeks and it is a shame to have Skippy standing in court all this time. After all, he is made to go out and we would like to share this experience with others.
Stock Photo - Stock Photo - Stock Photos
In short, Skippy is the perfect companion for a trip in your own country or for a trip in and through Europe. He gives you the ultimate feeling of freedom in a nice setting including the necessary luxury 😉. On top of that, he is a safe travel companion in these corona times.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SKIPPY:
- We deliberately chose a layout that creates a spacious feeling for the interior. Even when all doors are closed, there is a lot of light inside.
- We like to give things a new and / or second life. The curtains and seat cushions are therefore handmade from 'remnants' of fabric.
- The living space is furnished with a long sofa (where you can sit with 5 according to the inspection and lounge with two comfortably (storage space is provided underneath)
- The kitchen is equipped with a removable table for 2 persons, 2 pit built-in gas fire, tap operated by on / off submersible pump and sink, 20 liter compressor refrigerator and extendable worktop. A total of 57 liters of clean water (3 bottles) can be used.
- Cooking utensils (toaster for a gas stove, wok, pan, cooking pot, electric kettle, cutting knife, cutting board, bialetti and corkscrew) and crockery (cutlery, plates, bowls, glasses and bags) are provided. You can also find a sponge, detergent, brush to keep the inside clean.
- We thought comfortable (stretched) sleeping was the most important thing, so we opted for a spacious bed measuring 160 cm by 200 cm with Tempur mattresses. Above the bed is also a skylight with fan that can draw in or out air.
- Inside there is enough storage space (under sofa + above driver / passenger) and under the large bed you will find a large storage space. Here is room for 2 bicycles (with fixed bicycle holders). And the gas bottle and the 2 folding camping chairs are under the bed.
- Nothing is more fun than having your own toilet! Skippy has a Porta Potti. We rinse with our own mixture of vinegar, water and ecological detergent. We anticipate this. We do ask you to empty the toilet before saying goodbye.
- You can shower outside with the help of a solar shower (20 liters).
- Because Skippy does not look like an everyday camper, you can easily camp wild / incognito. There is a solar panel on the roof and Skippy is equipped with an extra battery so you can go off-grid on holiday (sufficient USB connections are provided).
- We have invested in good insulation so in terms of protection against heat or cold, you are in the right place (Rock wool + -5cm & bubble wrap all around).
- A rear view camera is available.
- Skippy has a EURO4 (careful LEZ zones), 2.4L engine with 140HP so no problem for mountains. On our trips it consumed just under 10L / 100KM.
What else do you need?
- Provide yourself: clothes, food, bicycles, toilet paper, toilet supplies + towels, kitchen towels, bottom sheet and a duvet with cover or sleeping bags.
Our tips: bring a drinking bottle per person (very handy!) And remember to shower outside, so use ecological shampoo / soap.
- When you pick up you can park your car with us.
For further questions you can always send us a message. :)