Here at Goboony we share a passion for the outdoors, the boonies, as we like to call it. A place where you truly can be yourself and explore the world. Goboony is a fast growing scale up company in the sharing economy, rapidly growing into European countries. We are extending our international team with people that can build on our dream.
Do you agree that it is strange that a motorhome on average is only being used 4 weeks per year? Do you want to be a part of something that gives a strong sense of purpose? And do you like a challenge? Then come and help us share the freedom of a motorhome. Join us on our adventure and share the freedom of a motorhome!
The Back-end developer we are looking for
As a Back-End Developer at Goboony you’ll be part of an agile development team of 3 experienced developers. We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer responsible for maintaining and developing new features for our web application and API. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of our database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well. You will play an important role in the core of our product and build new functionality. You are an experienced coder.
Your role will be to:
- Build robust, scalable applications to support the growth of the Goboony platform
- Work with the lead developer to scope/plan/develop new features and functionality
- Collaborate with frontend developers and UI/UX designers
- Improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and code reviews
- Stay up-to-date on the latest technologies.
A driven Ruby back-end developer needs good communication skills and a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in information technology (or similar). Naturally, your profile consists of the following:
- You write clean, concise, efficient and reusable Ruby code.
- Experienced in developing on Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL.
- Experienced in writing tests with Rspec.
- Asynchronous job processing and management via SideKiq.
- Experience with fragment caching.
- A high level of comfort using git.
- Experience managing applications through Heroku.
- React is a nice-to-have.
- You have good sense of UX/UI and usability.
- Your English is perfect.
- You possess a 'can do' mentality.
- You can show case the above in previous work.
Working remotely is a good possibility.
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe's fastest growing motorhome sharing company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic and international company.
Additionally, you can expect:
- A fun young team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges.
- Excellent opportunities playing a key role in an experienced development team.
- A competitive salary.
- 25 days paid holidays & allowance (practice what you preach!)
- Lots of room to work on great ideas.
Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org