Hello! We are Martijn & Lucia and we purchased this beautiful and spacious Mercedes Sprinter L2H2 van at the beginning of 2019. We completely did the conversion into a campervan ourselves: from carefully treating small rust spots, insulating, installing roof and side windows, installing solar panels, installing electricity and designing a pull-out bed and other installation. We did this with a Europe climbing trip in the planning. After living in our beloved motorhome for a year and a half and having the trip of a lifetime, we decided to rent out our BlueSteelTravels Van for others to enjoy too :).
This Mercedes Sprinter bus is ideal for traveling with 2 people for a longer period of time Offgrid due to the amount of storage, insulation and technical equipment. The spacious bed is very comfortable, and since it is retractable, there is ample living space. The kitchen and the table, including two seats, remain accessible when the bed is extended. So coffee can be made while partner is still snoring :). Given the careful and complete insulation, the bus is suitable for staying in both hot and cold temperatures. The compressor refrigerator also cools very well, even at 30+ degrees. The large solar panel, the powerful household battery and the isolation relay mean that you can live completely off-grid: no camping needed anymore! The isolator relay also charges the household battery while driving.
Pick up in Amsterdam is negotiable!
- Seats in front cabin: 3 Seats with belt
- Car radio with CD player and mini-jack connection to listen to music from your phone.
- Very good speaker system in the ceiling of the front cabin to listen to the best on-the-road tunes.
Features living area camper:
- Double bed (140x200cm), retractable in two positions from the foot of the bed because the mattress is cut into parts. Top mattress of 5 cm thick so that you still lie comfortably despite this.
- Clean bed linen incl. extra set available.
- Extendable table (in all positions of the bed)
- Seating for 6 people (bed 50% retracted)
- Seating for 4 people (bed 25% retracted)
- Seating for 2 people (bed fully extended)
- Lighting: 3 spots and 4 dimmable LED strips. All provide warm but good mood lighting
- Coat rack and shoe storage in left rear door
- Lots of storage space. In the sofas, in the backrests, under the bed and on the shelves against the ceiling. See photo with storage bins: 2x large black bin (under the bed on the floor), 6x medium gray bin (under the bed on the sofa, 3 on each side), 8x small basket (for the wall shelves under the ceiling)
- fly screen that can be attached magnetically at the rear entrance
- Kitchen equipment (see photo of kitchen equipment: pans, plates, cups, omnia oven, perculator etc.)
- 45 Liter 12V compressor refrigerator
- 3 gas burners including connection for gas bottle
- Running water from tap with submersible pump and sink
- Clean water tanks (3x20 liters)
- Holding tank (1x20 liters)
Motorhome technical equipment:
- Fully insulated with 2cm thick x-trem (floor, walls, ceiling)
- Dometic skylight with mosquito screen and blackout curtain
- Dometic side window with mosquito screen and blackout curtain
- 260Ah household battery that is charged by:
* the 270 watt solar panel on the roof, or
* the starter battery via the Victron isolation relay while driving
- SmartSolar MPPT controller 100 | 20 (here you get an indication of the current stock)
- 4 USB charging points
- 1 Cigarette lighter socket + inverter, perfect for a laptop, for example, connected to the household battery.
- Gas alarm from 3Gas+ with additional sensor for both rising and falling gases
- Electric control panel on which all electricity can be turned on and off very easily
- Electronic safe, mounted on the chassis
- Spare fuses for the electricity
- Blind spot side mirrors
- Freestanding tarp (cloth: 375x375cm) including 4 poles (of which 2 are extra high so that it protrudes above the roof and doors of the bus).
- 2 very comfortable camping chairs and a folding table for outdoor dining
- solar colored string lights for cozy mood lighting on summer evenings
- solar shower bag and toss shower tent
- BlueTooth speaker / mood lighting / wine cooler (seriously :), haha)
- bbq / fire bowl
- Our fridge cools very well, sometimes a little too well! It tends to freeze, especially in cold weather. Fast and guaranteed cold beer! It is very easy to switch on and off using the control panel. We have always only put it on for a few hours in the morning while getting up/breaking breakfast, and in the evening when we came home, this always provided enough cooling. No matter how hot it got on the bus, our groceries were always nice and cold. An additional advantage, no refrigerator noises at night!
- The hinge of the right rear door is lame. We have found a solution that the door cannot open beyond 90 degrees. With the broom you can keep it open without it closing :).
- You can turn the heating in the front cabin on or off by means of a blue cable (see photos dashboard). If you push it in, it becomes impoverished, if you take it out it doesn't, it's very simple. Despite this, the heating works really well.
If you are interested, please call or email us for an introduction! The camper can be picked up with a full tank and fresh bedding. We will first explain the use of the bus and answer all your questions. Then your journey can begin!